31 December, 2017
Our Puzzles Page , updated for the New Year contains:
- a new set of Picture Puzzles
- Mixed Bag Questions (Trivia / General Knowledge)
- A Skeptical Crossword, themed to Cryptids to tie in with Paul Michael Donovan’s presentation on Buckley’s Bunyip at this January’s Vic Skeptics Café .
- More Logic & Maths Puzzles.
- Another set of bonus puzzles; (for those still in holiday mode)
Our Puzzles Archives go back to 2010
30 November, 2017
This month’s Picture Puzzles go to the top of the Puzzles Page as usual;
However the Skeptical Crossword, the Logic & Maths Puzzles and the “Mixed Bag” Questions are all supplied as .pdf files., here and on the Puzzles Page.
As we’re heading into the holiday season, there is a set of bonus puzzles; (mainly word puzzles)
December 2017 Skeptical Crossword (Frauds, Scams and Hoaxes)
88 Dec 2017 Crossword Frauds, Scams & Hoaxes
December 2017 Logic & Maths Puzzles # 65
Logic and Maths Puzzles 65 December 2017
December 2017 “Mixed Bag” Questions (Trivia / General Knowledge)
12 December 2017 Mixed bag questions
December 2017 BONUS PUZZLES
Vic Skeptics Website December 2017 Bonus Puzzles
And don’t forget, our Puzzles Archives go back to 2010
20 November, 2017
Followers of this site will be well aware that Australian Skeptics are proud long-term sponsors of the Science Teachers Association of Victoria’s annual Science Talent Search.
Here are the statistics for 2017:
2017 was the 66th year of the STS.
3,369 Victorian students entered; the largest level of participation for several years.
704 Cash bursaries were awarded.
There were 42 sponsors, ranging from multinational companies to private individuals.
The Australian Skeptics were a major sponsor: 90 students received bursaries funded by the Australian Skeptics.
Science Talent Search: Bursary Winners sponsored by The Australian Skeptics
We congratulate Janice Teng and her team of volunteers for a great event. If you are interested in STS and would like to know more, go to http://www.sciencevictoria.com.au/sts/
31 October, 2017
November’s puzzles include:
– seven new Picture Puzzles
– twenty “Mixed Bag“ trivia / general knowledge questions
– a Skeptical Crossword about General Skeptical Issues
– set 64 of our Logic & Maths Puzzles.
For the first time, the Mixed Bag Questions, the Crossword and the Logic & Maths Puzzles are all supplied as .pdf files for easy access
All monthly puzzles are accessible from the Puzzles Page.
31 August, 2017
This months batch of puzzles includes:
- Seven new Picture Puzzles and twenty “Mixed Bag” questions at the top of the Puzzles Page
30 June, 2017
There’s a General Skeptical Issues Crossword Puzzle this month, or
a new set of Logic & Maths Problems or [pdf version]
Picture Puzzles and “Mixed Bag” questions are as usual at the top of the Puzzles Page