1. What percentage is 4% of 40%?
2. What is the next number in this sequence? 2, 6, 12, 20, …
3. What is two fifths squared as a decimal?
5. In the game of Cluedo, the winner is the person who first works out which suspect committed a murder, which weapon was used and in which room the murder took place. There are six possible suspects, six weapons and nine rooms. How many possible combinations of suspect, weapon and room are there?
6. Fred and Sam each have a collection of cricket balls. Fred said that if Sam would give him 3 of his balls they would have an equal number; but, if Fred would give Sam 3 of his balls, Sam would have 2 times as many balls as Fred. How many balls do Sam and Fred each have?
8. A shopper makes three successive purchases at different stores. Each time, she spends 75% of what she has. After her third and last purchase, she still has $2 for the bus home. How much money did she start with?
10. It takes 1629 digits to number the pages of a book. How many pages does the book have?