- A table is 50 % longer than it is wide. If it was two metres wider and three metres shorter, it would be a square. What are the dimensions of the table?
- In whole years, a girl is one fifth of 8 more than her mum’s age. On the other hand, her twin sister is one quarter of 1 less than her mum’s age. What are mum’s and daughters’ ages?
- What percentage is 40% of 40%?
- If you were to take off from Melbourne Airport at 11.30 tonight Melbourne time, and land in Adelaide at 12.20 tomorrow morning Adelaide time, how long would your flight be?
- What is twenty divided by a half?
- Write the next letter or number in sequence in each case
(a) 3, 7, 12, 18, _
(b) J, A, S, O, N, _
(c) -2, 1, 6, 22, 46, _
- A handyman is given the job of putting numbers on the doors of hotel rooms. If there are 100 rooms, how many 7’s will he need?
- If I start with $54 in a bank account, and the amount of money in this account decreases by two thirds each year, how much money will be in the account after three years?
- Using Australian banknotes, $1 and $2 coins, how many different ways can you make up $10? (e.g. with a $10 note is one way)