1. Golf History
Choose the correct date for each of the following events from the list below.
The first Golf game was telecast
Peter Thompson won his first British Open
Alan Shepard hit a six-iron on the moon
European Players were admitted to The Ryder Cup
The graphite shaft for golf clubs was introduced
The World’s first mini- Golf course opened
The word “birdie” was first used for a hole in one
Royal and Ancient St Andrews Golf club was founded
Years: 1754, 1898, 1916, 1947, 1954, 1971, 1973, 1979
2. Unjumble the following English Premier Football League Teams.
A. Eel Cash
B. An Oval List
C. Humans to top
D. Wee mutant dish
3. According to the TV theme song, when does Zorro ride out of the night?
4. What percentage of Victorians get their driving licence before their nineteenth birthday?
A. 50%, B. 75% or C. 85%?
5. In which North American city was the “Tea Party” revolt against British taxes?
6. True or false: The flag of the African country Rwanda has an “R” on it.
7. Which Shakespearean character was married to Desdemona?
8. What small single shot pistol took its inventor’s name, starting with a “D”?
9. True or false: Joan of Arc was an English Saint before she was a French Saint.
10. What was the name of the 1995 movie about a nuclear submarine which starred Denzel Washington with Gene Hackman as Captain Frank Ramsey?