1. Beth; Joe can’t be telling the truth because then Beth would be lying, and Al’s statement (which is also a lie) would mean that Beth is telling the truth. These two facts contradict each other. Therefore Joe is lying, which means that Beth is telling the truth.
2. Lara went first, then Kara, then Sara, then Mara, and then Tara.
4. Mr Cooper is the doctor
5. 72 days
6. Quill, quoll, quell
7. From strongest to weakest: Laura, Lance, Lenny, Lulu
8. “Twelve plus one” or “One plus twelve”
9. (a) 7 W of the A W = 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
(b) 1,001 A N = 1,001 Arabian Nights
(c) 12 S of the Z = 12 Signs of the Zodiac
10. He’s lying!
“To deny the opposite of the veracity” = to deny falsehood = to affirm the truth
“I guarantee that it is untenable” = it cannot be maintained