1. Quintuplets, Sara, Kara, Mara, Lara, and Tara all went skydiving. Sara went before Mara, but after Kara. Lara went first. If Tara went after Mara, in what order did the girls go?
2. There are 4 people: Mr. Cooper, his wife, their son and Mr. Cooper’s mother. One is a doctor and another is a lawyer.
a) If the doctor is younger than the lawyer, then the doctor and the lawyer are not blood relatives.
b) If the doctor is a woman then the doctor and the lawyer are blood relatives.
c) If the lawyer is a man, then the doctor is a man.
Whose occupation can be worked out from these clues?
3. A clock, which was keeping accurate time, suddenly starts running ten minutes fast every day. In how many days will the hands on the clock momentarily tell the correct time again?
4. A group of soldiers are on parade, facing West. They are then given the consecutive commands;
In what direction are they now facing?
5. Two fathers and two sons went fishing. After a whole day, they had only caught three fish. One father said “That’s enough; we’ll have one each”. How is this possible?
6. How many degrees does the hour hand of a clock pass through between 7 o’clock and 11 o’clock?
7. George, John, and Vic just finished their lunch. One of them had a ham sandwich, another a turkey sandwich and the third, a chicken sandwich. If only one of the following four statements is true, who had what for lunch?
• Vic had the turkey.
• Vic did not have the chicken.
• John did not have the chicken.
• John did not have the ham.
8. Three of the shapes below can be assembled into an equilateral triangle.
Which shape is odd one out?
The pens are of five different colours and their caps are of the same five colours but not a single cap is correctly situated on its coloured pen! Given the visible arrangement of the pen caps sticking out of Tommy’s pocket below and the following clues, can you determine the correct order of each coloured pen, left to right ?
The black pen is next to the pen with the blue cap.
The green pen is two pens away from the black pen.
The red and blue pens are not adjacent.
The yellow pen is second from the left.
10. There are three playing cards face-up on the table.
• A diamond is to the left of a spade
• An eight is to the right of a king
• A ten is to the left of heart
• A heart is to the left of a spade
From left to right, what are the three playing cards?