Speakers at the Australian Skeptics 2006 Convention, to be held 18-19 November in Melbourne.
Dr Stephen Basser
- (GP, Australian Skeptics commentator on medicine and alternative medicine).
- Topic: “Medicines, Money and the Media – A Dangerous Cocktail?”
- Go to http://www.skeptics.com.au “Search” for articles by Stephen Basser.
Dr Martin Bridgstock
- (Griffith University Academic, author)
- Topic: “Where is the truth most needed? Where can skepticism do the most good? ”
- (Science Journalist, The Australian)
- Topic: “A Skeptics Guide to the Newsroom.”
Dr Kevin Hennessy
- (CSIRO Atmospheric Research.)
- Topic: “Climate Change Sceptics.”
Prof David Henry
- (Dept of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Newcastle; Founder Media Doctor web site).
- Topic: “The Media Doctor web site.”
- (Author of A Skeptics Guide to the Paranormal, public speaker, and author.)
- Topic: “The Skeptical Science Teacher ”
Dr John Long
- (Palaeontologist, and Scientific Director at Melbourne Museum) Dr Long will present a public lecture on Sunday afternoon.
- Topic: “ Are there Gaps in the Fossil Record? ”
- (Crikey.com.au founder and contributor, )
- Topic: “ The Media in Australia. ”
Dr Rob Morrison
- (Flinders University, Board member of Australian Science Media Centre).
- Topic: “Trust Me, I’m a Science Communicator” .
- (Occupational Dermatology Research and Education Centre)
- Topic: “MythBusting: A Dermatologist’s Approach to Cosmetic Advertising ”
Dr Graeme Pearman
- (Retired CSIRO scientist)
- Topic: “ On Freedom to Publish in Science. ”
Dr Peter Pockley
- (Writer for Australasian Science).
- Topic: “ The Wages of Spin: Sceptical Investigations into Creationism and CSIRO ”
Dr Paul Willis
- (ABC TV � Catalyst)
- Topic: “Why does the Media insist on getting it wrong?”
- (ABC Hobart)
- Topic: “Nature vs Nurture, or Why I’d Rather Have Sex Than Gender Any Day” .